• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 OnSLAughT

OnSLAughT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:59 PM

i love playing on the aol server rather than some of my other favorites because it does have /menu....makes thing funner and more interesting for me :huh:

#17 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:23 AM

with this new patch the rines on most servers are owning everyone the aliens have no chance also the # of cloakers increased greatly. i hope they change somethigns in hte new patch

#18 Severed

Severed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:10 AM

I rather like this new patch, its abotu time marines had an advantage equally as much as aliens in the early part of the game. Also it brings a lot more fun being able to do two bites to a marine and then para him to get that parasite kill. I love this new patch its about time the marines started owning aliens rather than aliens owning marines even while playing with a slurpie in you hand :-P. Now thats just sad.

#19 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

no its just the # of good alien players decreased so greatly its amazing

#20 Pake

Pake

Sspama

• Members
  • 5653 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:06 PM

I rather like this new patch, its abotu time marines had an advantage equally as much as aliens in the early part of the game.  Also it brings a lot more fun being able to do two bites to a marine and then para him to get that parasite kill.  I love this new patch its about time the marines started owning aliens rather than aliens owning marines even while playing with a slurpie in you hand :-P.  Now thats just sad.

View Post

It's about time they nerfed the damn shotgun to not kill like a damn sniper rifle you mean. In truth, it's quite the other way around. Aliens now stand a chance against fgt marines who spawn camp and spam.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of 'hot xxx galore'. While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", I muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Posted Image

#21 [AoL]Iridium

[AoL]Iridium

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 2383 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:24 PM

Actually, the patch didn't change much, skulks just have to play how skulks are supposed to now. You realize that if skulks parasite early on then the armor increase is totally useless right? In the early game your job as a skulk is to parasite the marines as much as possible, the change simply forces you to do that. After that point you are supposed to ambush marines, ambush meaning that you surprise them. Unfortunately, most players think that their job as a skulk is to rush toward marines in a head on confrontation and win the fight. Before the patch you may very well have been able to get away with doing that, now you can't.

All BS aside, aliens have the advantage in combat. The game is balanced around classic play, in classic aliens have upgrade restrictions. Those restrictions don't exist in CO, which means you can get wierd combinations like regen + cara or all 3 defense upgrades. Plus, you can get to lvl 10, which means that aliens that could only get 3 upgrades total (not including hive abilities) can now get significantly more. Guess what, if the game reaches the point where aliens can have that many upgrades in classic then they have already won the game, and that is with less then what you can get in stock combat. Add the plugins that are floating around that remove the lvl 10 cap and the problem gets worse.

The reason the "good" alien players have disappeared is because they were never good alien players to begin with, it's more noticable with the change.

#22 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:00 PM

well im still decent i persoanlly never thought of myself as great or good well maybe sometimes :huh: but yes there are virtually almost no good alien players usually im the only one wihta positive score on my team which is lame because i cant handle a team of rines on my own

#23 OnSLAughT

OnSLAughT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:31 PM

hmm, maybe you guys are right, i find myself being at the top of my team alot now and i hate that kuz that means i'm the best there and i am decent to good but i want better players than me on my team :huh:

#24 [AoL]Wanker2000

[AoL]Wanker2000

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 5426 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:43 PM

You know... I'm half tempted to try NS just to see whats its all about :huh:

#25 Severed

Severed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:11 PM

oops

#26 Severed

Severed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 08:12 PM

well im still decent i persoanlly thought oh myself as great or good maybe sometimes :P but yes there are virtually almost no good alien players usually im the only one wihta  positive score on my team which is lame because i cant handle a team of rines on my own

View Post

:huh:

#27 [AoL]Moth

[AoL]Moth

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 2944 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

well im still decent i persoanlly thought oh myself as great or good maybe sometimes :huh: but yes there are virtually almost no good alien players usually im the only one wihta  positive score on my team which is lame because i cant handle a team of rines on my own

View Post

kh93Tkf.gifBy3Vbr3.gif0TNHF09.gifbYwqrPp.gif

#28 Zero

Zero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 07:07 AM

??? no offence if you got offended

#29 gleemax

gleemax