I am also allegedly still alive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 [AoL]Strat

[AoL]Strat

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 3100 posts
  • Interests:pogo stick jumping<br>listening to pake complain about the m4a1<br>knifing people in teh face

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:40 AM

I've been busy with "life."  That is, we have two young kids who play travel hockey and also do soccer, basketball, lacrosse, swimming, piano, girl scouts, birthday parties, school concerts and probably 15 other things I forgot.  Its all a bit hazy.  Last night I played Battlefield for the first time in 2 years.  Battlefield 3 that is.  Haha!  Old!  Somebody had hacked my account so I had to spend an hour cleaning that up.  Had to change my name away from Strat since somebody took it 6 months ago when my account stealer took over and changed my name to his stupid name.  Have been thinking I would like to steal away a few hours a week to shoot people in the face.  I found in Battlefield that it comes back fairly quickly--enough to be respectable anyway.  This made me think about installing CS (1.6, CZ, Source, GO, whatever it is these days) on my new PC, which is already 4 years old.  Never bothered to install CS on it when I first got it.  Some of you may recall we used to have alot of fun around here playing CS:Whatever.  We should totally bring back the 1.6 server for a day!

A couple of you I am friends with on facebook so its good to see them raising their own kids and such.  Hope everybody is well!

i never said everything i said

#2 [AoL]Strat

[AoL]Strat

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 3100 posts
  • Interests:pogo stick jumping<br>listening to pake complain about the m4a1<br>knifing people in teh face

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:13 AM

I just wanted to highlight that in only my second CS:GO session (and only 30 minutes of total game time) I was kicked off the server for rushing into the upper tunnels on dust2 from the site at B and taking out two bad guys with AKs and one with an AWP using only my pistol and the 13 bullets in a single clip. They didn't think that somebody who has played less than an hour of CS:GO can do that. Pretty cool that you can somehow see that about a player. And also, they are apparently unaware that FPS games have existed for 25 years and the CS franchise for 17 of those years and some people have literally been playing CS longer than they themselves have been alive. I had the [AoL] tag on so there is a new generation to fear it now.

#3 [AoL]Strat

[AoL]Strat

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:52 PM

Over the last week now I would say I've played 5-10 hours of CS:GO.  It seems like a title from a completely different franchise.  The physics of the way people move looks like an early FPS game where the players sort of float around.  While I used to be pretty good at CS (and BF3), I wonder if the hitboxes for CSGO are even attached to the character models sometimes.  meanwhile, every other kill from everybody in the game is a headshot, and i see them spraying from literally across a pretty far distance.  meanwhile, tap tap tap aiming right at their chest does zero damage.  and the maps have been re-imagined to allow for more hiding spots, as if that is somehow what made CS fun.  

#4 [AoL]Maj

[AoL]Maj

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 3151 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:42 AM

That's why you have to join us in Overwatch!

Posted Image
"That's why they call it a shortcut. If it were easy, then it would just be, "The Way."

#5 [AoL]Strat

[AoL]Strat

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 3100 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 01:35 PM

I thought about that initially but I am continuing to feel my way back into CS, or rather into CS:GO for the first time, for an hour or two here and there.  

#6 [AoL]Qman

[AoL]Qman

Llama Lover

• AoL Clan Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:52 AM

I'm also (*barely) dipping back into CS, and play Overwatch sometimes.

Game playing, not a thing so much for me these days but I'd love to get the gang back together.

And I totally agree Start, CS:GO feels DIFFERENT. I even loaded up 1.6 for a bit and that felt "Right"

One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users