• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 [XY]SCOTT

[XY]SCOTT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 05:36 PM

Well, this is just to say goodbye to AoL and its server. I have tried my best to do the things admins have asked to stop hackers. I record demos. Nothing happens. I get try to get admins when someone is hacking and if it wasnt for Q, NO one would answer my calls. Look, I know admins cant be there at all times, but I would think that by recording demos something would have been accomplished. You know, it a shame that I have tried to go out of my way and set my frustrations aside to abide by the server rules only to still get no reciprication. I was told I get better treatment because I am a regular........hmmmmmm....well, hackers arent kicked, people abusing "gay" in ghost mode arent kicked, people abusing flashes to teammates and a NUMBER of other things get no disciplinary action. So the way I see it is, THEY get better treatment by being able to do anything and get away with it. BTW, I am by NO means teh only one who feels this way. Unfortunately, Im the only one who voices my opinion.

So, with that said, it's was fun before you let the hackers, assholes, and overall idiots take over what was , in my opinion, the best server I had ever played on in CS with the best people in all of CS. Take a close look at your server. Most of the regulars are long gone. Here is another one signing off.

[XY]SCOTT

#2 [AoL]LuckyJ

[AoL]LuckyJ

Sspama

• Admin
  • 2569 posts
  • Interests:Uh, computer stuff!
    Oh yeah, and filling jugs with gas and dousing things and lighting them on fire!

Posted 27 March 2003 - 06:04 PM

Sorry you feel that way SCOTT, but we also have to be careful in who we ban and have a reasonable assurance that they are in fact cheating. I'm not saying we don't trust you, but I have gotten way to many complaints from regulars in the past about hackers that were NOT hacking (clearly not hacking).

So, you have to give us a little breathing room to verify claims. Right after you left the server I banned those two guys. I watched them for a few rounds and observed the behavior you pointed out and got rid of them.

The abuse of the autoresponse is sometimes quite annoying and I've banned people for it. I'm now thinking about removing the auto-response because it's so damn annoying too much of the time.

I guess all I'm saying is we will work with you, you just can't expect split second (or day) reactions to your observations. We just can't do it. We are professionals, we have careers and families and school that comes before tracking down hackers on the CS server. Everyone can't be banned for every complaint we get. The server would be empty (you and all of us included!).

Lucky

#3 [AoL]meanieface

[AoL]meanieface

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 2026 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 06:44 PM

yea im i wish somethin would be done i share scott's sympathies. this was a great server, i had fun, but all the regulars have left, and that makes it less fun, considerin i met some of the coolest cs players on this server. long live the tmp, and may god bless america.

ps
the al jazerra site was hacked, they put a big ass american flag on the site!!!

peace, and god bless the troops in iraq

i voice my opinon to scott, dont forget me

#4 Guest_XY Gustabus_*

Guest_XY Gustabus_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2003 - 06:55 PM

I understand both SCOTT's view (I don't know when; maybe new hacks came out or something), hacking or really iffy behavior has been on the rise on the AoL server for a while; yet I understand LuckyJ too (you can't be a server nazi). The real problem is that the CS community (even the 1.6 one) is a bunch of pubescent guys who have no girlfriends and are obsessed with computers (generalization there).

-Gustabus

#5 [AoL]Renshai

[AoL]Renshai

Sspama

• Admin
  • 6746 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 07:01 PM

Well..I'm married...but, ummm.errr...I am obsessed with computers. :D

-Ren
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 [AoL]Dr.Octagon

[AoL]Dr.Octagon

Sspama

• AoL Clan Members
  • 3561 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 08:31 AM

It's kids in general IMO. Everyone wants a damn shortcut in life. Hacks = the shortcut in getting good with CS. They think that the anonymity of being behind the computer shields them from being seen as a lamer/loser, but I've seen what can happen when you're busted hacking at a LAN...

Anyone remember the video clip of the kids computer that got trashed cause he was caught hacking?

Scott, you have to remember, it's a beta, lots of bad stuff happens. I know for fact Ren and Lucky try their hardest to filter the hackers out without being paranoid nazi admins who ban anyone who puts up good scores. I came to AoL back in the 1.1 days because I was banned by paranoid server admins who banned my whole clan. At least stick around the message board, come back when 1.6 is official I guess. In the meanwhile, best of luck finding a hack free server.
[insert witty signature here]

#7 Pake

Pake

Sspama

• Members
  • 5653 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 08:38 PM

I'm getting real tired of the impatient people on AoL 1.6. Sorry scott, you're impatient and if someone didn't recieve the demo, its from you not sending us it. I also have seen veeeeeeeeeeeeery few hackers and the ones I normally check are not as obvious about it, but I see them do crazy stuff.

Also, no matter what server you go to, there will be hacking since there is no anti-cheat.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of 'hot xxx galore'. While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", I muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Posted Image

#8 Guest_=D_*

Guest_=D_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2003 - 09:04 PM

Well, all ur points make sense. First, scott, as pake said, i guess u r not gonna find one single server that is completely hack-free. It's just impossible.......2nd, some people tends to aim @ walls for a bit b4 they come around corner, and that does not means hax, c'os i do dat too, and put my cursor where i want AFTER i turn the corner.....or people use sounds and heard footsteps or wateva noise there is.....so......sometimes it's reli hard to tell, but i m sure admin won't let a hacker just wonder around in server with no punishment. Also, i think people should observer more rounds, just to treat the suspect fair too.

Even if there is anti-cheat, there will still b hax dat comes up after.......since beta.....since 1.1.....how many cheats have come up? many......the only hax free place........is a LAN place. That's y, before my clan comes to AoL, we used to play in lan servers with the store workers constantly checking for hackers, and assholes, but.....since someone said AoL admins have jobs, schools wateva.....i guess it'll b hard for them......ne wayz, i guess the admins have tried their best, and all regulars should just keep an eye on all players just to report a hax or wateva so that problems can b solved quickly......

#9 [AoL]Demandred

[AoL]Demandred

Sspama

• Members
  • 3689 posts
  • Interests:Music, occasional online stuff, and avoiding the heck out of "myspace" (gag)

Posted 29 March 2003 - 04:18 AM

ugh...should never have stayed awake this late...

Speaking of h4x...was funny, joined a server my brother was playing on today, turned out to be a listenserver. Everybody was getting around 150+ latency except the admin. Well, the admin, whose name was (here's original for ya) ADMIN, turned out to be wallhacking and all kinds of stuff. I started laughing. Then I left a moment later -- after all, what good would it do to cry h4x when it's a listenserver and it's that person hacking?

/me chuckles
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 [XY]SCOTT

[XY]SCOTT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 12:17 AM

Just thought I would add a response. First where did I say hackers dont exist at other servers? Dont put words in my mouth to so you can argue your point. Also, as far as admins not seeing as many hackers as I do.....um.....DUH, you are admin! MOST hackers will stop hacking when admin is around. The reason for my post was because hackers became WAaaaay out of control. Like it or not, thats the facts. Also Pake, you say I am impatient? Well, I DO recall you being VERY impatient before you had admin. VERY impatient. As far as the claims that, for some reason, I dont really know hackers for sure and I just complain.....well, name a time I have been wrong. You guys act as if busting hackers takes some sort of doctorate degree. Im sure graduation from kindergarden would suffice. Lucky, as far as the guys you banned when I last played on AoL: First, thanks for banning them, but my problem is that you guys allow them to hack EVEN WHEN you know they are. Just kick them . Screw the demo. Screw the documented proof. Just ban. I've seen blatent hackers play round after round before being banned. Hell, by THAT time there's usually another one already there! Point is, I have been banned from MANY servers for the assumption that I hack. I accept that. At least I know for sure they are covering their backs. Plenty more servers to play on anyway. Lastly, if you think there are no such thing as virtually hack free servers, then feel free to go any NPW clan server. You will see a GREAT server with GREAT players and damn near NO hacks (havent seen one yet, although Im sure there has to be some). You guys act like complaining about hackers is a war crime. Ive heard much more petty complaints on a more constant basis(i.e. constant m4 complaints).

P.S. Before placing a comment to this, PLEASE READ IT AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT. Tired of hearing retards reinterpret what Im saying.

#11 -funtime-bobby-

-funtime-bobby-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 05:18 AM

ummmm bon voyage :D

#12 Pake

Pake

Sspama

• Members
  • 5653 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 10:36 AM

All I'm saying is that all servers will have just as many hackers as the next and you can't ban someone without knowing for a fact. Hell, I know for a fact theres at least 1 regular with hacks, but I'm not going to ban them right off the bat until I see it directly.

The funny part is, some of us go on under different aliases and yet we still don't see all these hacks you speak of.

As for me being impatient, in terms of gameplay, I am, but in terms of admining, I've always been very patient and never accuse without having direct evidence. You can ask ren, back when AoL have lots of regulars and I had admin, even when I thought someone hacked, I'd never accuse, but would record a demo and review it, then if I knew for certain, I'd ask them if they wanted to see it or not before banning.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of 'hot xxx galore'. While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", I muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Posted Image

#13 [XY]SCOTT

[XY]SCOTT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 12:22 PM

Pake, we all have things that we hate about the game. You hate the m4 and complain about it all the time. I hate hackers and complain about them all the time. Are there rules for what we can and cant complain about? Cmon, I think hackers ruin the game more than the M4. Also, as far as funtime bobby, why dont you take your pencil necked , virgin, geek-ass comments somewhere else. Kid.

#14 Pake

Pake

Sspama

• Members
  • 5653 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 02:10 PM

I hate hackers too, but I will not ban without pure evidence. Some people always look suspicious, but I won't ban them just because they hit a guy through a wall once. Now, if they do it 5 times with very few shots, then, yes, I prolly will find it as cheating but will watch a couple more times to be positive. You can't just ban on instinct.
Posted Image

#15 [AoL]LuckyJ

[AoL]LuckyJ

Sspama

• Admin
  • 2569 posts
  • Interests:Uh, computer stuff!
    Oh yeah, and filling jugs with gas and dousing things and lighting them on fire!

Posted 30 March 2003 - 02:41 PM

SCOTT, I appreciate your comments. I don't agree with most of them, but that's neither here nor there. It makes us re-visit why we do the things we do.

We have a policy that requires a bit more than just gut feelings or good scores or lucky shots that someone is hacking. It is impossible to tell if someone is hacking unless its pretty blatent or you know just how people with hacks play....because their gameplay _is_ different (it's hard to ignore those red and blue cubes above people's heads, isn't it?).

If someone else's servers are so good, that begs the question as to why you even came here. And then to leave with a childish pout and try to take people with you is quite unprofessional and immature and indicates ulterior motives. Well I'm here to tell you, the fat lady ain't never gonna sing. Goodbye SCOTT.

Lucky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users